Excellence in Teaching
Online Nomination Form - Due October 15th
You can access the online nomination form and instructions below.
Please review the online instructions first, then, if you are still interested in nominating a teacher or guidance councilor, click the Nomination Form and create a username and password.
After a new application has been created your user name will be your email address and the password will be whatever you chose when you set up the account. Please do not create duplicate accounts. If you have trouble logging in, please use the "forgotten password link" or you can contact Melissa at 308-381-7767 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The online nomination form asks that you have a minimum of 3 (three) and a maximum of (5) letters of support for the teacher you wish to nominate. All of which are done thru the online form. Once you enter an email address the recipient will receive an email with a link to provide a letter of support for the teacher being nominated. You may also upload a letter of support (.pdf) from a elementary aged child. Once all letters of support have been completed and submitted, you are then able to submit your nomination request.
"Teachers do more than teach, they inspire students to reach new heights of success. I am so pleased, through the Grand Island Community Foundation we will have an opportunity to honor our teachers - these shining examples who demonstrate a love for and quality in teaching." - Kim West Dinsdale
- 2014: Nancy Chavez, Seedling Mile Elementary (4th Grade)
- 2013: Christa Speed, Grand Island Public Schools (Orchestra and Band)
- 2012: Karen Gruener, Cedar Hollow School (2nd Grade)
- 2011: Tess Westover, Howard Elementary School (2nd Grade)
- 2010: Pat Kayl, Grand Island Central Catholic (Science)
- 2009: Michella Honas, Grand Island Senior High School (Special Education)
- 2008: David Sackschewsky, Grand Island Northwest High School (Music)
- 2007: Mary Ann Richards, Walnut Middle School (Guidance Counselor)
- 2006: Kay Janzen, Grand Island Central Catholic (Math)
- 2005: Brandi Anderson, Grand Island Senior High School (E.S.L.)