Excellence in Teaching
Online Nomination Form - Due October 14, 2016
You can access the online nomination form and instructions below.
Teachers and guidance counselors of kindergarten – 12th grades in public or private schools located in Hall County who are actively teaching may be nominated to receive the Kim West Dinsdale Excellence in Teaching Award and receive a $5,000 grant. Criteria will include:
- the nominee’s accomplishments
- command of his/her subject
- how he/she challenges students to achieve excellence in performance and inspires positive character development
- how he/she fosters an environment suited for student diversity and diverse learning styles
- how he/she promotes or enhances the involvement of parents in students’ education
- how he/she serves the community beyond what is expected.
"Teachers do more than teach, they inspire students to reach new heights of success. I am so pleased, through the Grand Island Community Foundation we will have an opportunity to honor our teachers - these shining examples who demonstrate a love for and quality in teaching." - Kim West Dinsdale
Nomination Submission Tips
Before beginning the online nomination process, please be prepared to include names and email addresses of others who will provide letters of support for your nominee. A minimum of three and maximum of five letters of support are required. These are submitted through the online process. Once an email address is entered, the recipient will receive an email with a link notifying them to provide their letter of support. After all letters of support are completed, you must then submit the nomination application. For questions, please contact the Foundation at 308.381.7767.
When you begin your nomination, your email address will serve as your user name and you will be asked to create a password. Please do not create duplicate accounts. More detailed instructions may be downloaded below. When you are ready to begin, please click on the nomination form below.
- 2015: Jerome Dubas, Grand Island Senior High, (Art) and Kirk Ramsey, Barr Middle School (Guidance Counselor)
- 2014: Nancy Chaez, Seedling Mile Elementary (4th Grade)
- 2013: Christa Speed, Grand Island Public Schools (Orchestra and Band)
- 2012: Karen Gruener, Cedar Hollow School (2nd Grade)
- 2011: Tess Westover, Howard Elementary School (2nd Grade)
- 2010: Pat Kayl, Grand Island Central Catholic (Science)
- 2009: Michella Honas, Grand Island Senior High School (Special Education)
- 2008: David Sackschewsky, Grand Island Northwest High School (Music)
- 2007: Mary Ann Richards, Walnut Middle School (Guidance Counselor)
- 2006: Kay Janzen, Grand Island Central Catholic (Math)
- 2005: Brandi Anderson, Grand Island Senior High School (E.S.L.)